JOHN M. PEARCE
John practices environmental and real estate law, with a focus on the oil industry and retail leasing, purchases and divestments. He has substantial experience in matters relating to the convenience store/motor fuel industry, gasoline and other products pipelines, and under-ground storage tanks.
John is very experienced in CERCLA, RCRA and other State and Federal enforcement litigation matters and represents clients in both Arizona and Nevada. In addition to handling transactions and disputes between private parties, John interfaces often in both states with regulators and governmental attorneys on regulatory investigations, compliance matters, and prosecutions.
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
- B.A., cum laude, Washington State University
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Oregon Law Review, 1988
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our regulatory attorneys have helped develop and define laws shaping our region for more than a century. We serve clients at all levels of state, county and municipal government as well as numerous federal agencies.
We are the forward-thinking natural resources, energy and environmental law team that innovates to ensure industry and businesses successfully navigate the ever-changing regulatory climate.
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
- Administrative Law
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental Law, Litigation – Environmental, 2010-2021
- Chambers USA, Leading Lawyers for Business
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and community activities
- Chair, Underground Storage Tanks Subcommittee, Arizona Chamber of Commerce
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Past Chairman, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, State Bar of Arizona