JOHN P. KAITES
JOHN P. KAITES
John focuses his practice in global security, business and finance, business and government negotiations and transactions, litigation and regulatory compliance. He began his legal career as Assistant Attorney General for the State of Arizona in the Organized Crime and Racketeering Division. John also worked as a prosecutor for the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and then served three terms in the Arizona Legislature.
During his tenure in the Arizona Legislature, John was the Chairman of the Senate Banking & Insurance Committee and Senate Judiciary Committee. He authored and was instrumental in passing the Securities Litigation Reform Act, the Interstate Banking & Branching Act, and the Privilege of Self Critical Analysis for Product Liability Act.
Prior to his legal career, John was a broadcaster in Pennsylvania and Arizona. He is a seminary graduate, and occasionally serves as a pastor. John and his family enjoy time together riding horses, hiking, biking, golfing and playing tennis.
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
- B.A., Allegheny College
- Certificate in Christian Studies, Fuller Theological Seminary
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
- Business and Government Negotiations and Transactions
- Global Security
- Regulatory Compliance
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Government Affairs Practice, 2023
Articles and Presentations
- Quoted, “‘A Wonderful Hero:’ Longtime Friend, Former Driver of John McCain Remembers Senator’s Life,” Fox News Insider, August 26, 2018
Professional and community activities
- Member, The Order of Barristers
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Trustees, Whitworth University
- Member, Board of the Arizona Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, Arizona Commerce Authority
- Former President, Industrial Development Authority of Maricopa County
- Former President, Downtown Urban Community Kids
- Former President, Scottsdale Christian Academy Board of Trustees
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit