Joseph L. Marshall
Joseph L. Marshall practices in real estate and business transactions, tax planning, and estate planning. He has extensive experience in all aspects of purchase and sale of real estate, financing large commercial properties, and commercial and retail leasing. He guides clients through real estate transactions and negotiates on behalf of owners, developers, landlords, tenants, lenders, borrowers, partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations. His practice includes handling commercial real estate ownership, mergers and acquisitions, and business formations. Joseph has an advanced LL.M degree in taxation from New York University, and advises in a wide variety of tax planning and dispute resolution matters with taxing authorities.
Notably skilled in real estate finance, Joseph represents both secured lenders in real estate loans and aids borrowers in securing and closing real property loans, especially in construction financing. His knowledge also extends to complex commercial lease transactions, particularly within the retail grocery sector.
- Masters of Law, Taxation, New York University
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law
- B.A., University of California, San Diego
Areas Of Practice
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Serving ultra-high net worth individuals, families, and their business concerns.
The trusted partner for legal and regulatory counsel in the food & beverage industry.
Fennemore boasts a large and sophisticated client-focused Mergers and Acquisitions practice.
Our tax attorneys are committed to helping clients proactively structure their businesses, transactions, and estate plans in the most tax-efficient manner.
Awards and Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top San Diego Lawyer by San Diego Magazine, 2015-2023
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers, Real Estate
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member, Steering Committee, University of California Economics Roundtable
- Member, California Lawyers Association Tax Procedures and Administration Committee
- Member, Taxation Section, American Bar Association
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers and Steering Committee, UCSD Economic Roundtable
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Grossmont Shopping Center