Problems are the price of progress.
MARCUS N. DIBUDUO
Marcus DiBuduo is an attorney in our Fresno office where his practice supports entrepreneurs of all ages, whether startups, investment-ready businesses, or firmly established multi- national enterprises. He is regularly called on by his clients to provide strategic counsel on all aspects of intellectual property law, including the acquisition, enforcement, and licensing of patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Marcus also advises clients on matters unique to e-commerce, such as compliance with various consumer and data privacy laws, cybersquatting, domain name disputes, and online copyright infringement matters.
Marcus never set out to be an attorney; a series of fortuitous events brought him to the practice of law. He began his professional career developing cellular communications and geo-location firmware, and then he continued to develop surveillance equipment power and motion control circuitry. As an engineer, Marcus was fortunate enough to conceive of ideas that exposed him, as an “inventor”, to the U.S. patent system (he has even seen his name in the USPTO’s National Inventors Hall of Fame and Museum). His background gives him the advantageous ability to truly understand his clients’ technology and business to better assist them in navigating complex legal matters. Marcus excels at, and he deeply enjoys, helping his clients to develop and implement effective strategies to protect their ideas, brands, and creative works. Marcus has a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished™ peer reviewed rating in Intellectual Property, Patents and Litigation from and has been selected by Super Lawyers® to its Northern California List for Intellectual Property.
So as to not stray too far from his family’s deep agricultural roots in California’s Central Valley, Marcus, his wife, and three children live on rural property with pecan trees and various livestock. “Time off” generally involves boots and shovels, and some form of agricultural engineering, although he still manages to occasionally tinker with homemade microprocessor-based Internet-of-Things devices.
- J.D., San Joaquin College of Law
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, California State University, Fresno
Areas Of Practice
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
We are poised and ready for the next revolution in the legal industry:
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Our business attorneys recognize and appreciate the value of entrepreneurship and innovation, and are committed to providing efficient, straightforward and business-oriented solutions that facilitate success and avoid pitfalls while recognizing early capital is precious and expensive.
Create. Protect. Thrive.
Your Technology and Intellectual Property Assets Are The Lifeblood Of Your Business: We Partner With You To Protect Your Critical IP —and To Identify and Implement IP Strategies To Help You Thrive.
Our privacy and data security practice addresses the administrative, regulatory and litigation concerns of business in the face of mounting threats and increasing state and federal regulation in the areas of data privacy, data breach and security.
- Business and Tort Litigation
- Business Transactions and Entity Formation
- Internet and E-Commerce
Awards and Honors
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2019-2023
- Northern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2012-2018
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished™ Rating
Professional and Community Activities
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Member, San Joaquin Valley Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Communications Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Member, State Bar of California, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Member, Fresno County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office