MARK A. NESVIG
Mark practices in the areas of real estate transactions and financing. His work includes the acquisition, development, financing, leasing, operation and sale of a broad range of properties and projects, including planned communities, office and industrial projects, apartments and condominiums. He also represents a wide variety of developers, investors and financial institutions.
Mark chose a career in law because he enjoys helping people and working on complex projects. With his work today, he is able to see projects move from inception to completion.
Away from work, Mark enjoys golfing, reading and spending time with family and friends.
- J.D., with high distinction, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
- B.A., cum laude, Pacific Lutheran University
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our real estate law practice is one of the largest in the Mountain West and Central California and encompasses all aspects of real estate, from acquisition and finance, through development, leasing and sale.
- Real Estate Finance and Lending
- Represented institutional investor in the operation and sale of approximately 628,000 square-foot mixed use project that includes retail shops, offices, restaurants, condominiums and apartments.
- Represented investment company in the acquisition of approximately 3,500 single family residential lots in Maricopa, Pinal and Pima Counties for a purchase price of approximately $24,000,000.
- Represented lending company in the sale of properties acquired through the foreclosure of loans with balances totaling approximately $900,000,000, including hotel, condominium, retail, commercial and residential properties.
- Represented investment company in the acquisition of properties in Maricopa and Pinal Counties planned for 5,648 homes for a purchase price of approximately $28,000,000.
- Represented investment company in the acquisition of approximately 4,500 acres of real property located in Pinal County, zoned and entitled for approximately 15,000 single family lots for a purchase price of approximately $28,000,000.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, development, financing, operation and sale of two golf course recreational communities located in Payson, Arizona.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, financing and development of a resort project in Sedona, Arizona, which includes a championship golf course, clubhouse, residential lots and condominiums.
- Represented investment group in the acquisition, assemblage and financing of an approximately 1,100-acre residential community in Surprise, Arizona.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, financing and development of a master planned project in Avondale, Arizona consisting of office, hotel, retail and restaurant properties.
- Represented investment company in the acquisition and sale of several office buildings located in Phoenix and Mesa, Arizona.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2007-2016, 2018-2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Real Estate, 2012-2019
- Arizona’s Top Lawyers, AZ Business Magazine, 2014
- Recommended in The Legal 500 US, Real Estate, 2011
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Professional and community activities
- Member, Real Estate Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Business and Securities Section, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association