Robert L. Sullivan
Robert L. Sullivan, Jr. is an Of Counsel attorney in our Fresno office where his practice focuses on estate planning, trust and estate administration, taxation, and litigation support in trust and estate matters. Robert has guided clients through an array of estate planning, trust administration, business planning, and related tax matters throughout a distinguished career spanning over 50 years.
A leader in the field, Robert has held the position of Chairman for the California State Bar’s Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law Section, an influential group comprising over 4,000 esteemed estate planning attorneys and probate judges.
His dedication to advancing the profession is evident through his collaborative efforts with lawmakers and academia to enhance legislative procedures for informal administration of decedents’ estates. Robert has received dual certifications from The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, and as a specialist in Taxation Law.
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley
Areas Of Practice
Thoughtful and careful preparation of estate plan documents is key to wealth preservation and transition. Proper implementation and diligent administration are equally critical.
Taxes are a significant expense for any business and most individuals, and tax planning should not be an afterthought.
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Awards and Honors
- Member of the McAuliffe Honor Society at the University of San Francisco School of Law
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated with Martindale-Hubbell
- Northern California Super Lawyer in the field of Estate Planning & Probate, 2006-2024
Articles and Presentations
- The Southern California Tax and Estate Planning Forum
- The University of Southern California Tax Institute
- Annual programs of the Estate Planning
- Probate Trust Law Section of the California State Bar
- Education Institutes Section of the State Bar of California
- Programs presented by California Continuing Education of the Bar and the Fresno County Bar Association
- Drafted a Proposal for the Enactment of Informal Administration of Decedent’s Estate in California on behalf of The State Bar of California
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Editor-in-Chief of the University of San Francisco Law Review
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Executive Committee of the State Bar of California Trust and Estate Section, 1985-1995
- Member, California Taxation Law Advisory Commission of California Board of Legal Specialization, 1988-1989
- Past President of the Fresno Estate Planning Council, 1982-1983