Well-behaved women seldom make history.
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Shannon Cohan is based in our Phoenix office where her broad range of work for our business litigation practice involves representing clients in numerous sectors, including sole proprietorships, Fortune 500 companies, gaming clients, homebuilders, healthcare providers, and manufacturing companies. She also works on mediations and arbitrations, as well as appeals in front of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Although she had always thought about becoming a lawyer, Shannon was initially on track to become a successful filmmaker, until an “Ethics in Film” class reignited her passion for the law—leading her to earn her J.D. from USC’s Gould School of Law. Her client-first approach means that she becomes a trusted advocate for the businesses she works with, and she truly believes that it’s the exceptional people here at Fennemore that sets us apart from the competition.
Newly married with three dogs and a cat, Shannon’s house is full of lots of laughter and energy. As a serious athlete, she has completed three full marathons and four half-marathons—and she’s training for her next race now. Speaking of which, she gives back to the community as a volunteer coach for Girls on the Run, an organization that impacts the lives of many girls, instilling joy, health, and confidence by creatively integrating a personal-development curriculum into training to run a 5K. As a member of the sub-board committee Pace Team, Shannon feels that she gets back more than she gives to many of the girls who come from disadvantaged backgrounds where the chance to run provides meaning and hope.
- J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
- B.A., magna cum laude, Arizona State University
- Paralegal Studies Certificate, Rio Salado College
Areas Of Practice
Professional and community activities
- Volunteer Coach, Girls on the Run
- Member, Pace Team, Girls on the Run
- Alternate Delegate, Phoenix Panhellenic Association
- Member, Gamma Phi Beta-Phoenix Alumnae Chapter
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit