I like that my clients are really smart people - and they appreciate candid and open advice and creative thinking.
STEPHEN A. GOOD
Steve Good enjoys being an attorney because it gives him the opportunity to read, write and solve puzzles, skills he effectively employs daily as a business, tax and estate planning attorney.
Steve assists our clients with structuring their businesses and negotiating commercial transactions, with an emphasis on advising clients regarding the associated income, estate and gift tax implications. He also helps families and business owners accomplish their estate planning, succession and wealth preservation objectives in a tax-efficient manner.
A native of Pittsburgh, PA, Steve joined us right after graduating from law school. When he is not at work, Steve enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, and he is an avid college sports fan, especially of University of Miami football and Duke basketball. Occasionally, Steve also plays the trombone in a local R&B band.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law
- B.B.A., cum laude, University of Miami
Areas Of Practice
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Fennemore has one of the most robust estate and trust litigation practices in the Southwest and California.
Welcome to one of the largest and most sophisticated estate planning practices in the Southwest and California.
Taxes are a significant expense for any business and most individuals, and tax planning should not be an afterthought.
- Estate Planning
- Private Client and Wealth Preservation
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Tax Law, 2013-2024
- Best Lawyers in America®, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law, 2022-2024
- Recommended in The Legal 500 US, Real Estate, 2011, 2014, 2019-2020
- Chambers USA, Leading Lawyers for Business, 2014-2016
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Co-author, “IRS and the Arizona Department of Revenue Extend Tax Filing Deadlines to July 15,” Fennemore Client Alert, March 26, 2020
- Co-author, “End-of-year Business Advice for Northern Nevada Businesses (Opinion),” Northern Nevada Business View, December 11, 2018
- Co-author, “IRS Proposes Eliminating Charitable Deduction for Donations to State Tuition Tax Credit Programs,” Fennemore Client Alert, August 24, 2018
- Co-author, “Qualified Opportunity Zones: A New Program Allowing Taxpayers to Defer or Eliminate Capital Gains When Investing in Economically Disadvantaged Areas,” Fennemore Client Alert, April 17, 2018
- Speaker, “Phoenix Tax Workshop,” Arizona Society of CPAs, June 16, 2018
- Quoted, “Healthcare in Today’s Workplace,” InBusiness, April 2017
- Co-Author, “When Do Targeted Allocations Need Economic Effect?” Real Estate Taxation, 3rd Quarter 2016
Professional and community activities
- Board of Trustees, Arizona Science Center
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix, Inc., Board of Directors, 1999-2009; President, 2007, 2008
- Reporter – 69th Arizona Town Hall – “Building a Community of Citizens for Arizona,” 1996