SUSAN STONE ROSENFIELD
Susan Rosenfield works in our intellectual property and IP litigation practice group where she counsels, advises and guides clients in diverse areas such as adoption, defense and enforcement of patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret rights. In all aspects of her work as an intellectual property attorney, Susan is always looking for the best ways to protect IP, and to identify IP as a value to clients’ businesses. As a registered patent attorney, she is experienced in the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications worldwide, and adept at putting in place the appropriate contracts to protect ownership or to preserve it with trade secret patents or registered copyrights and trademarks.
By guiding them based on their goals, and tailoring an IP protection plan to their needs, Susan represents companies and universities in a wide variety of industries, including agriculture, mining, food manufacturing, packaging and distribution, water treatment, pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, cosmetics, educational training, software, solar energy, telecommunications, construction, financial services, hospitality, restaurants, hotels, entertainment, leisure/recreation, physical fitness and yoga, and equine. Throughout her work as an IP attorney, she has also represented lenders, such as banks and venture capitalists.
As the daughter of an attorney, Susan has always loved to write and she worked as a journalist while pursuing her undergrad before committing to the patent law specialty track. She went to law school at night, and worked full time for patent law firms during the day, starting her career in law performing trademark searches. In her current work as a patent and trademark attorney, she enjoys helping her clients by advancing their business and solving problems – often acting to avoid future problems, like picking a strong trademark to reduce potential conflict. She firmly believes business owners should focus on running their businesses, as she efficiently manages their intellectual property portfolios.
Susan and her family, along with four dogs of their own, have fostered countless puppies over the years with a soft spot for organizations like Luv of Dogz Fund and Saving Paws Rescue Arizona. She is also on the board of directors for Envision Therapeutic Horsemanship, and when not riding horses, you will probably find Susan in her vegetable garden.
- J.D., Patent Law Specialty Track, George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School
- B.S., Biology, Virginia Tech
- Omicron Delta Kappa
Areas Of Practice
Our experienced agricultural attorneys provide a broad range of assistance to clients, both domestically and internationally, in many areas of agribusiness and agricultural law.
Our business and finance attorneys represent national, regional and local clients participating in significant transactions.
Our business attorneys recognize and appreciate the value of entrepreneurship and innovation, and are committed to providing efficient, straightforward and business-oriented solutions that facilitate success and avoid pitfalls while recognizing early capital is precious and expensive.
Create. Protect. Thrive.
Your Technology and Intellectual Property Assets Are The Lifeblood Of Your Business: We Partner With You To Protect Your Critical IP —and To Identify and Implement IP Strategies To Help You Thrive.
- Emerging Businesses and Technologies
- Life Sciences
- Renewable Energy and Clean Tech
- Restaurant and Food Services
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Biotechnology and Life Sciences Practice, Patent Law, Trademark Law, 2016-2021
- Best Lawyers in America®, Lawyer of the Year, Patent Law, 2017, 2022
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Articles and Presentations
- Panelist, “#SCGGlobalSpin?: COVID-19 and Life Sciences, a Global Panel Discussion,” SCG Global Spin, January 25, 2021
- Co-author, “Ownership of Employee Inventions,” Fennemore Client Alert, January 7, 2020
- Speaker, “Wild and Domestic Arizona Horses (and Mules),” 2016 Equine Law Summit, March 2016
Professional and community activities
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Past Chairperson, Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of Arizona
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- Registered Patent Attorney U.S. Patent and Trademark Office