The law isn't justice. It's a very imperfect mechanism. If you press exactly the right buttons and are also lucky, justice may show up in the answer. A mechanism is all the law was ever intended to be.
- Raymond Chandler
Tracy M. Inscore
Tracy Inscore has more than 13 years of experience assisting a variety of regional, national and multi-national clients with all aspects of commercial, industrial and residential development, often involving controversial projects and complex environmental regulations, including the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). She has extensive experience representing clients before various local agencies, administrative and legislative bodies to secure land use approvals and licenses for a variety of business operations, including warehouse and logistics, truck and rail transportation, outdoor advertising, bioenergy facilities and large-scale retail uses. In addition, she has represented a local land conservancy to facilitate the acquisition of dozens of conservation easements to preserve land as open space in appropriate locations.
Tracy is highly experienced in assisting clients with environmental due diligence prior to the acquisition of real property, evaluating potential liability under various hazardous waste laws to allow clients to make informed business decisions, as well as assisting clients with remediation of contaminated sites and ensuring successful and cost-effective outcomes in various federal, state and local regulatory agency environmental actions, including voluntary cleanup and Brownfield redevelopment. Her ability to build positive working relationships with outside consultants and agency staff yields pragmatic, real-world solutions consistent with her client’s business objectives. She has also negotiated significantly reduced fines and penalties for clients facing notices of violation—while always focusing first and foremost on compliance to help clients avoid violations in the first place.
Tracy has previously served as in-house legal counsel and senior editor for a premier, multi-national environmental consulting firm, in addition to holding adjunct faculty positions at several universities and law schools throughout southern California. Having worked since the age of 14, her many jobs have contributed to her practical, creative approach to lawyering and the ability to see the “big picture” beyond just the legal aspects of an issue. Outside of work, she is dedicated to health and fitness and many holistic wellness and mindfulness practices.
- J.D., With Distinction, University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- B.A., California State University at San Bernardino
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Our real estate practice is one of the largest in the American West, including Arizona, California, Colorado and Nevada with experience in all aspects of the real estate development process, from due diligence, acquisition and finance, through land use permitting and entitlements, to leasing and sale.
ARTICLES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Serves as environmental and land use legal counsel to a national retailer for the acquisition, entitlement, development, operations and/or expansion of over 200 stores and warehouse facilities throughout California, in addition to numerous other Fortune 500 companies.
- Successfully worked with the California Department of Toxic Substances Control to develop a response plan for the redevelopment of a 302-acre brownfield site in coordination with multiple agencies.
- Proactively developed guidance and client compliance strategies related to recent regulations and legislation including: California’s Proposition 65 amendments; California Senate Bill 334 (2021) related to correctional facilities; Los Angeles County’s “Green Zones” Ordinance; South Coast Air Quality Management District’s Rule 2305 (Warehouse Indirect Source Rule); and a variety of local ordinances including moratoria and “big box” ordinances.
- Assisted a major beverage company with environmental due diligence for future manufacturing plant sites and operational environmental compliance matters.