I don't know that there are any short cuts to doing a good job.
-Sandra Day O'Connor
Taylor Burgoon works in our business litigation practice group handling matters including breach of contract disputes, fraud, negligence, homeowners’ association disputes, inverse condemnation, business email compromise scam liability, and insurance coverage. In addition to handling all facets of day-to-day litigation, she also has a developing appellate law practice and has experience handling both jury trials and bench trials.
Although there are no attorneys in her family, Taylor knew she wanted to be an attorney by the seventh grade. She honed her reading, research, and writing abilities and combined her academics with activities such as the debate team to set herself up to enjoy an accelerated journey in the legal world. During law school, Taylor interned in the legal department at APS and served as an extern for the Honorable John J. Tuchi at the federal district court. Upon graduation, she received the Justice Sandra Day O’Connor Award for excellence in constitutional law studies.
Today as a business litigation attorney, she has a passion for advocating and supporting her clients, and she enjoys the intellectual requirements of a successful business litigator – tirelessly working on the legal reasoning and analysis of a case.
As a proud member of the Fiesta Bowl Committee, Taylor is committed to giving back and making a difference in the Phoenix community. Outside of her work as a business litigation attorney, she recharges her batteries through music, exercise (workouts, yoga and running), hiking, camping and exploring the amazing environs of Arizona. She is now training for a backpacking expedition through the Havasupai Indian Reservation in the Grand Canyon National Park.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Arizona State University, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
- B.A., Michigan State University
- Executive Note & Comment Editor, Arizona State Law Journal, 2016-2017
- Justice Sandra Day O’Connor Award for Excellence in Constitutional Law
- William H. Pedrick Scholar
- Rebecca and Michael Berch Scholar
Areas Of Practice
Experienced, forward-thinking advocates who go beyond the expected for clients in dispute prevention and resolution.
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch – Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Banking and Finance, Litigation-Real Estate, 2022-2023
- Southwest Rising Stars®, Business Litigation, 2022-2023
Articles and Presentations
- Author, “Business Email Compromise Scams: When The Fraudster Has Fled, Who’s Stuck Holding The Bag?” Fennemore Client Alert, March 4, 2022
- Quoted, “Let’s Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day,” Fennemore Blog, February 18, 2021
- Co-author, “New Arizona LLC Act Now Governs All LLCs,” Fennemore Client Alert, September 10, 2020
- Co-author, “Data Breach and the Defend Trade Secrets Act,” Arizona Attorney, February 2019
Professional and community activities
- Committee Member, Fiesta Bowl Yellow Jacket Committee
- Committee Member, M3F Executive Committee