The Leave of Absence Puzzle
Wendel Rosen employment attorney David Goldman will co-present “The Leave of Absence Puzzle” on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 in the David I. Wendel Conference Center, 1111 Broadway, Oakland, California. Join David as he discusses the challenges of managing leaves of absences and resolving HR-related issues. Some of these confusing issues include whether leaves must be paid and whether leaves of absences can be “stacked” one after the other to extend the allowable time off work.
Hypothetical examples will be used to facilitate an understanding of how these various laws and regulations are applied in real world situations. This program is suitable for business owners, managers and human resource professionals. Topics will include:
- Eligibility requirements for leaves of absences
- Required notices from the employer and the employee
- Benefits that must be provided during leave, if any
- How different leaves interact, overlap and conflict with each other
- Registration: 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM
- Program, followed by networking: 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
Cost: This is a complimentary event for clients and guests of Wendel Rosen.
RSVP: Space is limited. Advanced registration is required. To reserve your spot, please send an email by September 14, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.